- to encourage researchers and practitioners to investigate IA-specific
- to publicize useful work that furthers the information architecture
body of knowledge.
IAI Progress Grant pplications should propose work that will forward the theory and practice of information architecture. This can include original research, a synthesis
of important existing research, or the development of an innovative new
The format of the applications should be 2,000 words or fewer and must contain:
- Description of the problem or hypothesis
- Methodology to be used
- Explanation of how the resulting work will forward the theory or
practice of IA
- Conditions under which others can use the results (e.g. Creative
The grant application deadline is September 15th, 2006.
Please see 2006 IA Progress Grants information page, including information on last year’s winners.
This year, I am a member of the awards jury for the grant, for even more information, see the details for the progress grant.