I’m here at the IA Summit and people are putting up their slides tagged with iasummit07 on slideshare.com.
Monthly Archives: March 2007
SXSW: Monkey Warfare's Don McKellar
The Austinist has a short, but interesting interview with Don McKellar about his new movie Monkey Warfare.
Don is a favorite writer-director-actor from Toronto. You’re a fool if you don’t watch some his work including:
- The Red Violin: tracking a violin’s path through history with Samuel L. Jackson (but no snakes or planes), a child prodigy, a Chinese musician in the era of Cultural Revolution and a love-triangle including the violin itself.
- Last Night: an unusual “end of the world” movie with a small role by David Cronenberg as a dedicated power company employee dealing with the destruction of the planet in the only way he knows how – by thanking all of his customers (how Canadian)
- Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould : wonderful and insightful and you get to learn what Glenn Gould might eat for lunch.
- Twitch City: which recently came out on DVD and captures slacker Toronto, in the Kingston Market area perfectly. Watch this now.
If SXSW were Scooby Doo
OK Austin, South by SouthWest is here and you’re wondering just who all these people in town are. I offer this guide to attendees in homage to Scooby Doo:
- South by SouthWest Interactive (sxswi) = Velma
- South by SouthWest Film = Fred
- South by SouthWest Music = Shaggy
That Coffee Thing? It's all in your head.
Bad news from the Beeb: Coffee ‘no boost in the morning’.
Sell SBUX now?
pre-pre-SXSWi Meetup (Thursday, March 8, 2007)
Coming to Austin for South by SouthWest? Already in Austin and looking for something to do this evening?
Well, it’s that time of year again, the annual Austin area Information Architects and UT ASIS&T chapter pre-pre-SXSWi Meetup and Happy Hour(s) tonight, Thursday March 8th. If you’re a Web geek, blogger, designer or just about anything else you’re welcome to join us.
We’ll be there tonight from 5-7 at the Cedar Door, which is at 201 Brazos Street. (Map to the Cedar Door ) Lots of Austinites will be there to happily advise out-of-towners on all things SXSWi, Austin, BBQ and so on. (Lots of Austinites will be arguing amongst themselves about SXSWi, Austin and BBQ too.)
Come on by!
Mac tip for right click
If you’re using a Macintosh MacBook Pro (and other Apple notebooks I assume), you need to know this tip:
Put two fingers on your trackpad, keep them there and click the trackpad button. This emulates a “right-click” and opens the contextual menu in most applications that have one.
Technorati Tags: mac