I’ve just started playing with Wists, a new social bookmarking++ service and have a few quick comments on the signup interface.
- There is no marking of which signup fields are required. Why do you need to know my birthday? It’s shown as not optional (as opp to zip code being optional), but I didn’t put my birthday in and things seem to work fine.
- The first name and last name fields are what your id will be generated from – why not let people either use their email address for an id or choose their own id for consistency of names in the online world. Also, it’s not too flattering to be called “don 3”.
- What will zip code be used for? Give us a hint in a few words.
- What is the “cool products newsletter”? A link to a sample issue would give us context for making getting even more email worthwhile or not.
- The link to wists.com/everyone might as welll be a clickable link to show what wists can do.
Thanks for all the good work wist!